St. Patrick’s Day 15K & 5K
- Go Green!
From Downtown San Diego: Take I-15 North, Take the CA-79 SOUTH exit onto a local road toward TEMECULA/INDIO - go 0.3 mi, Turn Right on CA-79 - go 5.1 mi, Turn Left on ANZA RD - go 0.5 mi, Turn Right on DE PORTOLA RD - go 5.0 mi
From Orange County: Take I-15 South, Take the CA-79 SOUTH exit onto a local road toward TEMECULA/INDIO - go 0.3 mi, Turn Left on CA-79 - go 5.1 mi, Turn Left on ANZA RD - go 0.5 mi, Turn Right on DE PORTOLA RD - go 5.0 mi
From Los Angeles: Take I-60 or I-10 East to I-15 South, Take the CA-79 SOUTH exit onto a local road toward TEMECULA/INDIO - go 0.3 mi, Turn Left on CA-79 - go 5.1 mi, Turn Left on ANZA RD - go 0.5 mi, Turn Right on DE PORTOLA RD - go 5.0 mi
2016 Photos are in! CLICK HERE
2016 Results are in! CLICK HERE
Go green in 2016!
Join us for the 4th Annual Temecula St. Patrick’s Day 15K & 5K at Cougar Vineyard & Winery in beautiful Temecula. A portion of the proceeds from this event will go to the Rose Again Foundation. Race through country roads and vineyards as you wind your way to the finish line and a glass of green champagne in honor of St. Patrick’s Day! 21+ race entry includes a champagne tasting and a signature glass to keep. Then, spend the afternoon celebrating the (wine country) Irish way at Cougar Vineyard and Winery. Like us on Facebook for updates and contests! This is a challenging, hilly course, so be prepared for an exhilarating run!
Fun Race Features!
- LIVE T-Shirt Tagging (BYO “Green” shirt)
- Eco Finisher Awards (mini succulent plants with race logo thanks to The Succulent Source)
- Glass of Green Bubbly (21+)
- Signature Stemless Champagne Glass to Keep
- Prizes (in the form of wine) for Best Costumes
In order to limit our carbon footprint, we will not be providing t-shirts for this race, BUT, get in the spirit of the holiday by wearing your own green costume – deck yourself out! We will have complimentary screen printing on site for those of you who bring your own shirts. Shirts must be compatible with BLACK ink. We will also be selling plain shirts at the event for a nominal fee. All runners will receive “green” finisher awards.
In the event of rain or any other wrench that gets thrown into our plan there will be a re-schedule date set and we are sorry but NO REFUNDS will be given. All event aspects are subject to change without notification. If you need to transfer from one distance to another; if you go up in price – you pay the difference; if you go down in price you lose the difference. If you for some reason you cannot attend the race you have 2 options, transfer your entry to a friend, or lose your entry fee, again, sorry no refunds on any portion of entry fees.
Awards will be given for the top 3 male and female finishers. Since this is a small race, we will not have age category awards. If for any reason you have to leave before your award is presented you can request to have your medal mailed to you after the race for $5, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, race distance, and place. ALL participants in this event will receive something “green” for their efforts.
Packet Pickup/Race day registration (if available) – 7:30 a.m.
15K race start – 8:15 a.m.
5K race start – 8:30 am
This race will be limited to 200 people, so sign up early to ensure your place!
Click here for the 15K course map
Click here for the 5K course map
Please see our Sponsorship Page here
Category: Before 2/13/16 After 2/13/16 On Race Weekend Over 21 15K: $50 $55 $60 Under 21 15K: $40 $45 $50 Over 21 5K: $40 $45 $50 Under 21 5K: $30 $35 $40
Packet Pick Up
Packet pick up will be the day of the event at Cougar Winery starting at 7:30 a.m.
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR BRINGING OUT YOUR GREEN SPIRIT!
The St Patrick’s Day 15K is raising funds to help The Rose Again Foundation. The Rose Again Foundation seeks to provide a safe, loving and nurturing home-life experience and exceptional liberal arts education to orphaned and foster children.
The money raised will be used to improve the lives of foster and orphaned children through financial education assistance, sports, arts, music, counseling services, family outings or any other need a family comes to us with.
For more information about the Rose Again Foundation, please check out their Facebook page on online at http://www.roseagainfoundation.org/
- Sandy Feet Events strives to provide eco-friendly events to the San Diego community. Below is just a glimpse into our efforts:
- No t-shirts will be provided to reduce our carbon footprint
- Reduce paper waste by requiring at least 80% of total pre-registered race field to register online
- No mailing of paper registration forms
- Provide recycling bins at the event and recycle cardboard, paper, plastic and other materials
- Provide information to athletes about public transportation options and/or provide them with ride-share options on your website
- Offer a clothing and/or shoe recycling/reuse program (old running shoes and apparel can be recycled and/or contributed to charity organizations)
- Replace traditional race bags (AKA swag or goodie bags) with an online or virtual version. It eliminates the need and expense of printing, paper not to mention the plastic bags
- No single-use disposable plastic bottles for water or sports drink distributed at the finish line
- At least 80% of all marketing and participant communications facilitated through email or website updates instead of paper mail
- Reuse at least 80% of all signage for the event