St. Patrick’s Day 15K & 5K
- Go Green!
Go green in 2018 on March 17!
Join us for the 6th Annual Temecula St. Patrick’s Day 15K & 5K at Cougar Vineyard & Winery in beautiful Temecula! Race through country roads and vineyards as you wind your way to the finish line where you will be awarded with a well-deserved glass of green bubbly in honor of St. Patrick’s Day! 21+ race entry includes bubbly tasting and a signature glass to keep. This is a challenging, hilly course, so be prepared for an exhilarating run!
Spend the afternoon celebrating the (wine country) Irish way at Cougar Vineyard & Winery.
Like us on Facebook for updates and contests!
A portion of the proceeds from this event will go to Rose Again Foundation.
Carpool – Uber – Get dropped off!
Parking will be limited so we HIGHLY recommend carpooling, taking an UBER or getting dropped off. If you carpool, make sure you get there with plenty of time to walk to the race site. If you do not already have UBER on your phone, download it and enter the promo code: 9PBXU for a free ride up to $20!
Fun Race Features!
- LIVE T-Shirt Tagging (Be “green” and BYO Shirt – See below!)
- Eco Finisher “Medals” (mini succulent plants with race logo thanks to The Succulent Source)
- Glass of Green Bubbly (21+)
- Signature Stemless Champagne Glass to Keep
- Prizes (in the form of wine) for Best Costumes
In order to limit our carbon footprint, we will not be providing t-shirts for this race, BUT, get in the spirit of the holiday by wearing your own green costume – deck yourself out! We will have complimentary screen printing on site for those of you who bring your own shirts. Shirts must be compatible with BLACK ink. We will also be selling plain shirts at the event for a nominal fee. All runners will receive “green” finisher awards.
In the event of rain or any other wrench that gets thrown into our plan there will be a re-schedule date set and we are sorry but NO REFUNDS will be given. All event aspects are subject to change without notification. If you need to transfer from one distance to another; if you go up in price – you pay the difference; if you go down in price you lose the difference. If you for some reason you cannot attend the race you have 2 options, transfer your entry to a friend, or lose your entry fee, again, sorry no refunds on any portion of entry fees.
From Downtown San Diego: Take I-15 North, take the CA-79 SOUTH exit onto a local road toward TEMECULA/INDIO – go 0.3 mi, turn right on CA-79 – go 5.1 mi, turn left on ANZA RD – go 0.5 mi, turn right on DE PORTOLA RD – go 5.0 mi
From Orange County: Take I-15 South, take the CA-79 SOUTH exit onto a local road toward TEMECULA/INDIO – go 0.3 mi, turn left on CA-79 – go 5.1 mi, turn left on ANZA RD – go 0.5 mi, turn right on DE PORTOLA RD – go 5.0 mi
From Los Angeles: Take I-60 or I-10 East to I-15 South, take the CA-79 SOUTH exit onto a local road toward TEMECULA/INDIO – go 0.3 mi, turn left on CA-79 – go 5.1 mi, turn left on ANZA RD – go 0.5 mi, turn right on DE PORTOLA RD – go 5.0 mi
7:30am – Bib Pick-up/Race day registration opens
*There is no pre-race day bib pick-up
8:10am – 15K warm-up
8:15am – 15K Start – COURSE MAP HERE
8:25am – 5K warm-up (you can do both warm-ups if you’d like!)
8:30am – 5K Start – COURSE MAP HERE
9:00am – Winery opens its doors
9:30am – Costume contest!
10:00am – Overall winner awards
Awards will be given for the top 3 male and female finishers. Since this is a small race, we will not have age category awards. If for any reason you have to leave before your award is presented you can request to have your medal mailed to you after the race for $5, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, race distance, and place. ALL participants in this event will receive something “green” for their efforts.
Exhibitors & Sponsors
Category: Before 2/11/18 After 2/11/18 On Race Weekend Over 21 15K: $50 $55 $60 Under 21 15K: $40 $45 $50 Over 21 5K: $40 $45 $50 Under 21 5K: $30 $35 $40
Because this is a smaller race we will not have a pre-race bib pick-up. You will be able to pick up your bib starting at 7:30am the morning of the race at the event site: Cougar Winery.
THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR BRINGING OUT YOUR GREEN SPIRIT!
The St Patrick’s Day 15K is raising funds to help The Rose Again Foundation. The Rose Again Foundation seeks to provide a safe, loving and nurturing home-life experience and exceptional liberal arts education to orphaned and foster children.
The money raised will be used to improve the lives of foster and orphaned children through financial education assistance, sports, arts, music, counseling services, family outings or any other need a family comes to us with.
For more information about the Rose Again Foundation, please check out their Facebook page on online at http://www.roseagainfoundation.org/
- Sandy Feet Events strives to provide eco-friendly events to the San Diego community. Below is just a glimpse into our efforts:
- No t-shirts will be provided to reduce our carbon footprint
- Reduce paper waste by requiring at least 80% of total pre-registered race field to register online
- No mailing of paper registration forms
- Provide recycling bins at the event and recycle cardboard, paper, plastic and other materials
- Provide information to athletes about public transportation options and/or provide them with ride-share options on your website
- Replace traditional race bags (AKA swag or goodY bags) with reusable ones. - No single-use disposable plastic bottles for water or sports drink distributed at the finish line
- At least 80% of all marketing and participant communications facilitated through email or website updates instead of paper mail
- Reuse at least 80% of all signage for the event