San Diego Resolution Run 15K & 5K
- Go Green!
Take strides to reduce your carbon & physical footprint at the San Diego Resolution Run 5K & 15K! A healthier you, can mean a lighter you—and a lighter footprint. Get ready to shed a few of those holiday pounds and lighten the impact you leave on the earth both environmentally and physically, by running to Reduce Your Footprint!
The Resolution Run is treading a little lighter and going even green-er this year. That means, no plastic bags, no throwaways. Virtual goodie bags that you actually want to click on and real goodies available. We work hard keep the Resolution Run’s impact low through Earth-friendly race management practices. Plus, the Resolution Run benefits San Diego Roots Sustainable Food Project – a local, eco-friendly organization supporting a healthier San Diego food system.
Awards will be given for the first 3 male and female finishers in each age category (0-9, 10-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+). If for any reason you have to leave before your award is presented you can request to have your medal mailed to you after the race for $10, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, race distance, and place.
We will have an Elite Runner prize for the fastest Male and fastest Female. The winner from each gender group will receive $100 CASH! Also, all runners will receive a finisher medal to show off their awesome achievement.
Race day registration (if available) – 6:30a.m.
15K race start – 7:30a.m.
5K race start – 8:00a.m.
Lil Tykes 100M Dash – 9:30a.m.
Packet Pick Up
Packet Pickup will be Friday, January 9th at Road Runner San Diego, 5553 Copley Dr, San Diego, CA 92111, from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Please check back to the website for more details. Team captains can pick up for their team, and participants can pick up for other runners.
Category Before 10/01 After 10/01 After 11/01 Packet Pickup/Race Day Details
Adult 5K $25 $30 $35 $45 16 and over
Adult 15K $35 $40 $45 $50 16 and over
Youth 5K $15 $15 $20 $25 15 and younger
Add-ons (fees in addition to race registration)
Event Long Sleeve T-Shirt $10
Teams: Click here for instructions on how to sign up a team online.
Become a Sponsor!
CLICK HERE to view sponsor options and to sign up to be a part of the 2015 Resolution Run 15K & 5K
From the North: Take the 5 South to exit 22 for East Mission Bay Drive, turn left at Mission Bay Drive, turn left at E. Mission Bay Drive, follow signs and park.
From the South: Take the 5 North to exit 21 SeaWorld Drive/Tecolote Rd, turn left at Sea World Drive/Tecolote Rd, take the first right onto E. Mission Bay Drive, drive for one mile, look for signs for De Anza Cove.
From the East: Take 8 West to 5 North and follow directions ‘from the South”. Parking is free and available around De Anza Cove – help save the environment…carpool!
See Map for online directions.
Looking for a place to stay?
Hilton Mission Bay is a beautiful location and offering a discount for Resolution Run Participants. The booking website will be live soon and we will post details once it is, but in the mean time, you can call the Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa reservation office at 1-800-445-8667 or by clicking HERE. This offer ends on December 21, so book today!
- Be a part of the action: make new friends and have fun while helping out a great cause! The San Diego Resolution Run 5K & 15K needs volunteers to assist with the course, water stations, registration, check in, goody bags, pre-race check in, and more! All volunteers will receive a HUGE thank you hug or high five, a goody bag, breakfast and a t-shirt. Available shifts include packet pick up Saturday, January 9th and race morning on Saturday, January 10th.
The San Diego Resolution 15K and 5K supports the San Diego Roots Sustainable Food Project’s Wild Willow Farm & Education Center. San Diego Roots Sustainable Food Project is a growing network of citizens, farmers, chefs, gardeners, teachers, and students working to encourage the growth and consumption of regional food. From farm to fork, we focus awareness and work toward a more ecologically sound, economically viable and socially just food system in San Diego.
Sandy Feet Events strives to provide eco-friendly events to the San Diego community. Below is just a glimpse into our efforts:
- Reduce paper waste by requiring at least 80% of total pre-registered race field to register online
- No mailing of paper registration forms
- Provide recycling bins at the event and recycle cardboard, paper, plastic and other materials
- Provide information to athletes about public transportation options and/or provide them with ride-share options on your website
- Offer a clothing and/or shoe recycling/reuse program (old running shoes and apparel can be recycled and/or contributed to charity organizations)
- Replace traditional race bags (AKA swag or goodie bags) with an online or virtual version. It eliminates the need and expense of printing, paper not to mention the plastic bags
- No single-use disposable plastic bottles for water or sports drink distributed at the finish line
- At least 80% of all marketing and participant communications facilitated through email or website updates instead of paper mail
- Reuse at least 80% of all signage for the event