Grape Day 5K
- Go Green!
View Escondido Grape Day 5K in a larger map
For timing results after the race, please CLICK HERE
Coolest Run – Best Schwag – Great Cause
MS is an unpredictable neurological disease that affects an estimated 400,000 people in the United States. It interrupts the flow of information between the brain and the rest of the body and stops people from moving. Escondido Sunrise Rotary’s Grape Day 5K has partnered with the Pacific South Coast Chapter of the of National Multiple Sclerosis Society in their mission to mobilize people and resources to drive research for a cure, and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS.
About the Event
Grape Day 5K is a 5K fun run for everyone from elite runners to casual walkers, so bring the whole family out for a good time! Stick around for the Grape Day Parade and Festival where each participant will receive an included drink ticket for the wine and beer garden with world famous craft beer. Each runner will also receive a cool shirt and an even cooler schwag bag. Stay tuned to Facebook to see event photos and highlights.
Once upon a time (i.e. the first half of the 20th century), Escondido celebrated their grape harvest and their city with Grape Day – a day full of free grapes and grape stomping. Grape Day is back in full force, complete with the free grapes, stomping of the grapes and general festival fun. Click here for more info. Be a part of the celebration by registering for the 4th Annual Grape Day 5K.
The race course winds through historic Escondido and finishes at the Grape Day Parade starting point. Runners can cool down while taking in Grape Day Parade sights and sounds, then refuel and have fun with family and friends at the Grape Day festival.
Proceeds also provide support of Rotarian projects including safe drinking water, Polio eradication, assistance to those in need.
Want to go the extra mile? SET UP YUR FUNDRAISING PAGE OR DONATE HERE: http://www.active.com/donate/GrapeDay5K
Volunteer with us!
We are looking for volunteers that are enthusiastic, fun-loving individuals that want to give back while having fun. Experience the race first hand and make friends with other volunteers at the event! CLICK HERE to sign up to be a volunteer.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 overall male and female winners. Awards will also be given 3 deep in each age category in increments of 10.
The race starts at 7:30am and will be followed by a the Grape Day Parade and Festival starting at 9:30am. Check out the 5K course map here.
Registration begins at 6:30AM
Runners begin at 7:30 AM
Grape Day Parade and Festival at 9:30 AM
Category: Before August 1st Before September 1st Packet Pickup and Race Day Adult (Over 15): $30 $35 $40 Youth (Under 16): $25 $30 $35
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for vendor booth information.
In the event of rain or any other wrench that gets thrown into our plan there will be a re-schedule date set and we are sorry but NO REFUNDS will be given. All event aspects are subject to change without notification. If you for some reason you cannot attend the race you have 2 options transfer your entry to a friend or lose your entry fee, again, sorry no refunds on any portion of entry fees.
Packet Pickup will be held at Sports Authority, 1352 W Valley Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92029 on Thursday, September 4th between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm.
- We are looking for volunteers that are enthusiastic, fun-loving individuals that want to give back while having fun. Experience the race first hand and make friends with other volunteers at the event! CLICK HERE to volunteer.
The Grape Day 5K benefits the good works, locally and internationally, of the Escondido Sunrise Rotary including polio eradication, the YMCA, Boys and Girls Club and youth leadership programs.
Sandy Feet Events strives to provide eco-friendly events to the San Diego community. Below is just a glimpse into our efforts:
- Reduce paper waste by requiring at least 80% of total pre-registered race field to register online
- No mailing of paper registration forms
- Provide recycling bins at the event and recycle cardboard, paper, plastic and other materials
- Provide information to athletes about public transportation options and/or provide them with ride-share options on your website
- Offer a clothing and/or shoe recycling/reuse program (old running shoes and apparel can be recycled and/or contributed to charity organizations)
- Replace traditional race bags (AKA swag or goodie bags) with an online or virtual version. It eliminates the need and expense of printing, paper not to mention the plastic bags
- No single-use disposable plastic bottles for water or sports drink distributed at the finish line
- At least 80% of all marketing and participant communications facilitated through email or website updates instead of paper mail
- Reuse at least 80% of all signage for the event